4.30.2012

The Path.

So I know that Mikelle already posted today, and I'm double blogging but whatever... Isn't Mikelle just adorable though?? I love that girl. My first daughter will probably be named after her! :)

I have some very serious things to that I want to write about today... And writing helps me vent those things weighing my mind down.
It doesn't have a real ending, because I'm still going through the hard times. I know people will think this is a lot more serious than it is and probably overreact. But don't worry, I'm fine.
Don't judge me too harshly on the rhythm of the poem. I never said I was good at writing. It just helps me think harder about what I want to say and gives it more meaning to me.


Keeping Things in Perspective

In life we all come to find uncertainty and questions
We all look for the answers, the wrong or the best ones.
We pray to find the one that suits us for our own progression,
the one that doesn’t hurt when we finally learn our lesson.
Some of us are blessed
and come out unscathed or victorious,
Others come out distressed
Hurt, confused, or inglorious.
This path is lonely,
no one understands.
Never realizing God is the only
one who loosens the bands.
The easier trail seems almost too far away
to ever wander back to just find the day.
Getting further along on that treacherous route
it feels like there really is no way out.
Mistakes seem to pile up with every pathetic attempt,
because in the beginning, we thought we’d be exempt.
Knowing that He can always see and feel
the worst kind of pain you now know is real
can be a tender mercy
even when you think you’re not worthy
The only advice that I see fit,
is to never take your eyes off the ending prize
and never “just go with it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment