10.07.2013

unfriended.

    so today i found out the truth. and i can't seem to stop laughing! 
    a year and a half ago i went to alaska to visit my sister for 10 days. josué and i had just started dating again***  and things were going great! thanks to alaskan cellular service, texting or calling each other was nearly impossible. of course, my sister was curious to know more about this guy that i was making such a fuss over. i went to show her pictures of him on facebook. 

. . . . . . . . .

    ***josué and i had our first date in december 2011. i was on winter break from snow college and he had just gotten back from byui. we decided mutually that we didn't want to do the long distance relationship thing. but every time i went back home, we'd hang out. josué even came down to snow on valentine's day to take me on a date and asked me to be his girlfriend but i said no... poor guy! :'(

. . . . . . . . .

    i got on facebook and typed in his name, clicked on it, i tried to make his profile pic bigger. it wouldn't allow me to. it took me a second, but then it hit me... we weren't friends! "what?! we used to be friends!!" my sister just looked at me, "really? you're not even friends with your boyfriend on facebook?" "no really," i protested, "we used to be!" and hit "add as friend."
    later that night, i got lucky with the phone call and said to josué, "so the funniest thing happened to me, i went on facebook to show kim what you looked like and we weren't friends! isn't that weird?!" i said innocently. He responded, "pshh, uh, yeah, that's sooo weird! the weirdest!" and i believed from then until very recently that this was just a facebook glitch. 

. . . . . . . . .

    and tonight i find the truth. as i was looking at our pictures together on facebook, it hit me that i had proof that we were friends before. i had a picture of our first date in december 2011: josué had commented on it, he was tagged in it, we must have been friends before!!! so i asked him, "remember how facebook somehow unfriended us, and then we were dating and didn't even realize it?" 
"yeah," he says. 
i persist, "kind of weird how i remember wishing you a happy birthday in march, huh? are you sure you didn't unfriend me for some reason?" 
then i see it in his eyes, "yes, i unfriended you! but you made me mad! you told me you didn't want to date me then you started dating this other guy and i was all, 'forget her!' and unfriended you!"

the truth has come out. i can't stop laughing. my husband, sweet, innocent, amazing husband, unfriended me out of jealousy, and acted like it never happened. i mainly posted this for my own memory, but i hope you can find the humor in it to :) have a great day!



1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! Love it! I'm gonna give him crap for that. Then he'll unfriend me too. ;)

    ReplyDelete