1.04.2011

Day 4

SO... Today was my first day of my second semester! And I only had one class today! Crazy huh!? It was a simple class called Statistics 1040 :) ...I was so lost! Then the rest of the day I lazed around eating mac and cheese, apple juice, v8 fusion, and Dino-Bites. Good food day! When we all got home yesterday, we had presents sitting on our beds and guess what was in them? These adorable owl hats! They are HUGE! We love them so much and a big thanks to Sydney's (my roomie in the white top) mom for supplying them!We also enjoyed a couple chick flicks today! "My Best Friend's Wedding" and "The Wedding Planner." While watching Rex, Sara's (the roommate in the plaid on the end) brother, announced he just met his new roommate today. My first response, obviously was, "Is he hot??"
He responded, "I'm a guy I don't know these things!"
Well the smart thing to do would be to go over and meet him, right? Right! So I made Rex go over to his apartment with me with the fake excuse of "We need some gluten-free flour" so Rex and Sara can eat (they are Celiacs). Brilliant. So we toughed it out and trooped a couple apartment buildings down to Rex's. When I got in, I saw a handsome young man sitting on the couch (SCORE!) and said "Hi, I'm Tiffany! Who are you?"
Even more brilliant! The perfect opening line... I think... "I'm Travis, nice to meet you."
So we got talking and asked him what he was doing. He said, "I was planning on reading a book or something."
Shot down! But I never give up, "Come on over to our apartment, it's full of girls and we're watching chick flicks!" (THE worst selling point ever to a guy!)
To my surprise he said sure! So we walked back over to our apartment and right as I open the door I hear "IS HE HOT? IS HE HOT? IS HE HOT? IS HEEEE HOOOOTTT???!!!!" coming proudly out of the mouth of Sydney.
I glared at her as he walked in... she bursts into a fit of giggles. My face turns bright red... What do I do now? Thankfully I don't think he heard. :)
The night was going great until I open my mouth again, "Syd, you can't date Eli! He's in the army!"
Travis looks over at me, "What's wrong with the army?"
"Nothing, Sydney just has a problem with the army," I say warily.
"No I don't! Okay maybe I do..." She defiantly said.
"See!" I say.
"I'm in the army," Travis defensively pronounces.
"No, you're not!"
"Yes, I am!"
"Okay, show me your military ID!"
"I honestly don't have my wallet on me.." He says, searching his pockets for his wallet...
"How convenient."
"Fine, let's go back to my apartment and I'll show you a gun and my ID."
My head interprets this last sentence as such, "Fine, let's go back to my apartment and I'll show you my GUNS and KISSING SKILLS."
My head pops up from the couch. "But, it's cold outside!"
"Come on, let's go," he says ignoring my protest.
"Just bring 'em back," I whine.
He leaves (obviously my interpretation wasn't correct or else he would have persisted a little more...) and 10 minutes later shows up with an ID in hand.
Travis- 1
Tiffany-0
He's winning. Hopefully I didn't scare him away too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment