5.18.2011

The Wants vs. Needs

Okay so I've been dying to do some shopping. Just ask my mom. I begged and begged her to let me go.

Here's the problem... I have no money. If you look at my bank statement, I'm actually in the hole. By $70. Pathetic, I know! I'm 19 years old and in debt.

I feel the need to go shopping. There have been so many changes just in the last couple of weeks that I feel the next step is changing... my clothes...?

I'm sick of my closet, I have a hard time getting dressed every single morning, I'm tired of playing the "What Shirt Do I Hate the Least?" game. I miss playing the game "Raid Your Roommates' Closets!" ;)

So since I feel like I'm fixated on this game thing, we're going to play another one called "Wants VS. Needs"

WANTS:
  • I want an unlimited shopping spree... no price too much, all the clothes, bags, shoes I want!
  • A personal shopper to do the walking for me, I'll just sit in the changing room while she grabs the cutest clothes from the shelves.
  • A professional to do my 'do. My hair has some pretty nasty roots if you ask me.
  • A gym pass. I miss the Activity Center at Snow! I thought I would never say that, but I really miss the elliptical, weights, and bikes! I'm definitely going to be utilizing the AC more next semester.
  • I want Grumblebee (my awesome Chevy Lumina Transformer car) to use less gas... She's getting to be really expensive.
  • I want more country music on my computer! I'm tired of Pandora playing the same "Today's Country" songs OVER AND OVER.
NEEDS:

  • I need to save all the money I can for college. I hate mooching off my parents for every little thing.
  • I need to start chipping in on the food here at Kent and Kim's, I am always hungry but I hate eating their food! They're much too nice to stop me from eating it all. I feel so bad!
  • I need my bangs cut, JUST my bangs... if you know anyone that'll cut 'em for free PULEEZE let me know!
  • I need to start eating healthier and stop drinking RedBull (even though it's the nectar of the gods.) I also need to start going to bed and waking up earlier. Oooo! Maybe even start running or doing some push-ups or sit-ups!
  • I need to realize that I have to pay for certain things, like gas, because that's sadly a part of growing up.
  • I need to stop worrying about what I don't have and start focusing on what I DO have! I'm very blessed.
Thanks for playing "Wants VS. Needs." The Inner Battle of a Poor College Student

I'm positive I'm a dork. But hey, who doesn't NEED a dork in their life? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love the list! I remember the days of complete and utter poorness of college days too. I have some clothes that I need to pawn off onto someone, so I'll get some to you. (If they don't drown you...)
    ♥ U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had any cute clothes myself I'd mail my closet to you... sadly enough... I don't have any cute clothes. You need to add this one to your need list: "Go visit my favorite sister in Alaska". :)

    ReplyDelete